The Mount Gravatt Photographic Society is a community-based non-profit camera club that is affiliated with the Photographic Society of Queensland. The club was formed in February 1967 by a small group of enthusiastic amateur photographers. (See 'History of MGPS' for more details).
The Aims of Mount Gravatt Photographic Society:
- To foster a love of the art of photography amongst its members and in the community
- To assist members with problems appertaining to photography
- To achieve a more fruitful alliance between the beginner and the experienced photographer
- To present lectures on photography for beginners
- To arrange competitions both within the Society and with other bodies from time to time